Here's a breakfast idea for those mornings when you have a little time and want a hearty, home-cooked breakfast. Of course on those OTHER mornings (the hectic ones) you're having a hemp shake (see "Hemp Protein: The Cravings Killer," below.)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 1/4 cup pinto beans (canned)
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- 1 slice vegan cheese
- handful of chopped cilanto
- 1 spelt tortilla
- Heat tortilla in low (200 degree) oven.
- Scramble one egg (or egg subsitute) and pour into non-stick pan.
- Add pinto beans.
- When eggs are cooked and beans heated through, turn off heat.
- Remove warmed tortilla from oven and fill with eggs, beans and cheese.
- Add guacamole, salsa and cilantro.
- Admire your creation!